Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Day Seven


$519,ooo for this little ass house in Baltimore city???? R U kidding? That's half a million dollars! So, I went strolling through some neighborhoods that my agent sent me on with houses that I could actually afford ... I am so sorry, but I am NOT living in the hood! I'm beginning to think the only way I'm going to own a house is if I leave Baltimore, seriously. It's just gotten way too ridiculous up here. Old run down townhomes that three years ago would have appraised for $70K are now appraising upwards of $180K. If I'm going to spend that much money, it's gonna be for something nice and that DOESN'T need a lot of work, like a lot these older homes do. My color of the day - frustrated. I might be in an apt. for a little while yet.

BUT my color of the day turned to happy later on when I finished recording the additional percussion and stuff for "Midnight." Add in some rain, windchimes, some indian drums and a few more keys and presto ...


Now my full attention is to going 2 be on prepping my new single "Adonis" for my birthday release. I hope people like it ... well that goes without saying, huh? I'm getting those pre-lease unreasonable fears I always get that nothing I've done is good enough and I'm ready 2 just jump into my next project to try and do something better. The only upside to that is I think I DO actually keep better and better. This new release is going 2 be ... 4 lack of a better word ... different. I'm so ready 2 go record some kick ass new r&b/pop stuff now though ... I got that itch. If only I could record as much as I write ...

And if everybody goes "EWWW" 2 Adonis? Hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

"I won't put my hands up in surrender. There will be no white flag above my door." - Dido, White Flag

Check out Saturn on I-Tunes!

Get Saturn's CDs at CDBaby!

Check out Saturn on MySpace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home